Business Development Job Bristol
*** WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THIS ROLE***
(Keep an eye on our blog & social media for updates about new job roles)
As part of Noisy Little Monkey’s next phase of development, we are recruiting a Business Development Representative to lead on growing the pipeline and sales. In time, the goal for this role is to be an integral part of the management team, helping to grow the business significantly in coming years.
It is a business development role – you will use inbound sales strategies to find new business, working closely with the Technical Director to research prospects and create outreach strategies. As part of your day-to-day work, you will run video conference calls, face-to-face meetings and software demos to show Noisy Little Monkey’s value proposition. You will attend networking events – ours and those run by other people – making strong connections within Bristol and its digital community.
Forming a team with the Technical Director and Marketing & Events Manager, you will develop sales and marketing strategies to meet our lead generation aspirations and be accountable for monitoring targets and lead indicators.
Your target clients will largely consist of - but will not be limited to – B2B / legal medium-sized businesses in the South West.
Our ideal candidate would have consultative sales experience, with a proven track record of building rapport over a sales cycle of several months. You will be ambitious to grow our business and seek to constantly improve your skills and business knowledge.
- Quickly identify challenges that our prospective customers face and discover the best inbound marketing solutions for their business
- Consistently close new business at or above quota level
- Nurture relationships with highly qualified opportunities at small and mid-sized companies
- Build relationships with prospects and internal stakeholders to grow new business
- Work collaboratively with Noisy Little Monkey’s marketing and technology teams to evolve our sales strategy as the market evolves
- Help shape the future of Noisy Little Monkey's mission with your perspectives, ideas and skills
- 2+ years of closing sales experience
- Fluency in English
- Unmatched consultative selling and closing skills
- Accurate forecasting and pipeline management
- A real love of technology. You might not have sold technical services before, but you must be able to demonstrate your love of digital media whether that’s social media, gaming or in other ways.
- A sharp focus on your goals and a strong approach to achieving them
The characteristics of a winner at Noisy Little Monkey:
- Experience of working for a growing, service-led business
- Enthusiasm for helping businesses grow and curiosity about the tech industry
- Humility and diligence in their work
- Loves learning and improving and always willing to give things a go
Benefits of working at Noisy Little Monkey:
- Permanent, full time role after three months’ probation
- £20,000 - £30,000 (depending on experience) + commission
- 20 days holiday + Bank Holidays and NEVER WORK YOUR BIRTHDAY
- Scope to build your career within a supportive, coaching-led environment
- Located in the Tobacco Factory, with bike storage, showers, a bar downstairs and all the amenities of North Street on your doorstep
- Weird, clever and funny colleagues from whom you can learn and who will make you laugh
In the first instance, please call the office on 20/21 December 2018 or between 2 and 10 January 2019 and speak to Jon Payne. Expect this call to last about 10 mins.
If after this first informal conversation we seem like a good fit, Jon will ask you to send in a CV and set a date for a more formal phone interview. This will be held between 10 and 29 January and will last an hour.
The final stage of the interview process will be at the Noisy Little Monkey office on 1 February 2019.
Please don’t send in your CV – we won’t look at it until after that initial call!