Join the Monkeys | Digital Marketing Executive
[The application deadline for this job has passed, we are no longer accepting CVs]
Salary: £22,000 to £24,000 depending on experience
Contract: permanent, full time with three months’ probation
Location: Loft 5, Tobacco Factory, Raleigh Road, Bristol
Are you creative, hardworking, and seeking a new challenge? We are recruiting an experienced digital marketing executive to join our client delivery team, and you might just be the perfect fit!
We’re looking for someone who wants to step into a role with heaps of potential. You’ll need to hit the ground running on digital marketing projects, so you’ll have experience of working with clients, writing content, promoting on social media and planning digital strategies. Ideally you will have worked on marketing automation projects and have a good working knowledge of SEO. Absolutely ideally you’ll be a HubSpot ninja!
We are a HubSpot Platinum Agency, and we expect all our team to have a deep understanding of the Inbound Methodology, the HubSpot Platform, and some elements of technical SEO. We don’t expect you to have this on day one - we’ll provide you with plenty of training and support to get you up to speed.
You’ll be part of a client-facing team, delivering inbound marketing campaigns, brainstorming ideas, writing content and social media posts, collecting and reporting on data, and measuring and evaluating performance. This is a challenging and diverse role, which encompasses the creative side of marketing, with more technical and analytical elements of SEO and digital marketing.
Dealing with clients - by telephone, video call, and email as well as face to face - is central to the role. It’s essential that you are a confident communicator with strong persuasive skills; able to present your ideas clearly, and comfortable with feedback and challenge.
Glamorous brands are not our bag. This is not pashmina wafting marketing, you will need to roll up your sleeves and get involved in a whole range of projects. Think legal, tech and recruitment, rather than fashion and beauty. This makes creative thinking even more important - we want people with ideas and the rare ability to make the mundane fascinating.
We are a relatively small agency, but with big aspirations - things are constantly changing here and you’ll need to be comfortable with uncertainty. You’ll need experience of working in an agency or can demonstrate that you are up for what’s involved.
Think you have what it takes?
Who are we?
Noisy Little Monkey is a digital marketing agency, specialising in inbound marketing, SEO and technical website excellence. You might have come across us at Digital Gaggle - the conference we run in Bristol twice a year - or as speakers at various conferences and events across the UK.
This website and our social channels will tell you almost everything you need to know about us. What isn’t on the website is that you’ll get 20 days holiday plus bank holidays, we also have a ‘never work your birthday’ policy. We place a strong emphasis on personal and career development and have clear progression pathways.
The other thing that’s not clear from the website is that we work hard. Despite all the social media shenanigans, we are hard working and surprisingly professional We value collaborative working, focus and determination, but balanced with fun and a sense of perspective.
You’ll be working with clever and funny colleagues from whom you can learn, and who will make you laugh - in fact we’re pretty proud of our award for Bristol’s Happiest Workplace (small business). The Tobacco Factory is based at the heart of beautiful, brilliant North Street - with secure bike storage and a bar and theatre downstairs - it's a pretty amazing place to work.
Creative, analytical, confident, enthusiastic and organised - this is a fantastic opportunity to kick-start your career in an irreverent, dynamic agency that will support your learning and career development.
- 2 years of work experience; graduate level or equivalent (even if you didn’t finish your degree)
- Excellent written skills - you must love writing - be able to write for different audiences with strong attention to detail, excellent spelling, grammar and proofreading. You’ll need to know how to recognise good writing as you’ll be briefing, editing and critiquing others’ writing.
- A passion for learning - you’ll be continually developing your knowledge in this role, so you’ll need to be eager to learn, and to share that knowledge with your colleagues and clients.
- Persuasive communicator - you’ll be dealing regularly with clients, so you must be confident in picking up the phone, pitching ideas and talking to clients
- Technical skills - an understanding and awareness of basic IT and willingness to engage with learning and using new tools.
- Analytical skills - able to interpret and communicate data trends.
- Proven experience in solving problems with tenacious curiosity
- Comfortable communicating on a wide range of social media platforms
- Strong organisational skills. Able to work under pressure, and plan and manage competing demands and deadlines.
- Experience of working in a marketing agency or can demonstrate that you know what’s involved.
- Knowledge of WordPress, Sprout Social, Buffer, SEMRush, Google Analytics or other tools would also be handy.
- Have previously set up social advertising
- Knowledge/experience of using HubSpot
Take a look at the job description for a bit more info on what we’re looking for.