[Position Filled] Join the Monkeys | Events And Marketing Intern
This position is now filled
What is Digital Gaggle?
Digital Gaggle is a bi-annual digital marketing conference aimed at marketers in Bristol and the South West. The event aims to educate and inspire marketing managers with their digital marketing strategies. Never boring and always fun, Digital Gaggle events are the remedy to boring corporate networking.
What will you be doing?
Please note: this position is part-time. You’ll be required 3 days/week for three weeks over the period of the event. Hours are explained in the bottom of this post.
You’ll be supporting the Events and Marketing Manager with the promotion and delivery of the Digital Gaggle conference which takes place on Thursday 19th September.
Some of the tasks you’ll be doing will include:
- Creating content for the Digital Gaggle twitter
- Monitoring and responding to people on the Digital Gaggle twitter
- Writing pre-event and post-event emails using Mailchimp
- Being a point of contact for event enquiries; liaising with speakers, sponsors and delegates in the lead up to the event
- Helping with the ‘on the day’ logistics of setting up events which could include anything from registering attendees and putting up banners to creating social media content or networking with speakers, sponsors and attendees.
- Manipulating data and helping to produce post-event reports
- Writing and uploading blog content onto the Noisy Little Monkey website
Who are you?
Noisy Little Monkey is a small but dynamic agency - there’s only 13 of us - so we’re on the hunt for someone who will be a good fit within our weird and wonderful team. We need someone who has a head for event organisation and communication.
Ideally, you’ll possess some of the following skills and qualities:
- Fantastic organisational abilities. You’ll be expected to plan your time well, work to deadline and use your initiative
- Excellent IT skills. You’ll be expected to use the following tools during your internship: Microsoft Office, Outlook, Mailchimp, WordPress, Canva, Eventbrite, Buffer. If you have any experience of using these tools, or similar, please reference them in your application.
- Crackin’ written communication skills. You’ll be writing lots of content for social media and the Noisy Little Monkey blogs so if you don’t know how to word good, that will be a problem
- A love for all things social media and a creative eye for making content which stands out on the timeline
- Brilliant attention to detail. You’ll be helping to proof read and be manipulating data lists – accuracy is key
- Friendly, outgoing and enthusiastic. Digital Gaggle events are super social – you’ll need to be happy to approach new people and keep a smile on your face…even when you’re feeling the pressure!
- GSOH. This is absolutely necessary if you want to work with the Monkeys.
What are the hours and pay?
This position is part-time - you’ll be needed 3 days/week for 3 weeks.
You must be available to work from 9am - 5pm:
10th, 11th, 12th September
18th, 19th, 20th September
24th, 25th, 26th September
There will be some extended hours on the day of the conference (Thursday 19th September).
This is a paid internship which pays at the National Living Wage.