Junior Digital Marketing Executive | Bristol
[APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION ARE NOW CLOSED]
Contract: permanent, full time with three months' probation
Location: Loft 5, Tobacco Factory, Raleigh Road, Bristol
Are you creative, hardworking, and desperately seeking that elusive foothold in a digital marketing agency? Then maybe this role is for you...
We’re looking for someone who has a proven fascination with Digital Marketing, but above all else is a great fit for our dynamic, hard-working, and lively team. This is a junior role in our small but perfectly formed Digital Marketing & SEO Agency. You'll need to be creative, yet also analytical; a master with words, but with a good eye for the technical. We want to find someone who is super-confident in dealing with clients and is an organisational ninja, able to plan and manage their own workload, with competing priorities and deadlines. A passion for learning is essential.
We are a Hubspot Platinum Agency, and we expect all our team to have a deep understanding of the Inbound Methodology, the Hubspot Platform, and some elements of technical SEO. We don’t expect you to have this on day one - we’ll provide you with plenty of training and support to get you up to speed.
You’ll be part of a client-facing team, delivering inbound marketing campaigns, brainstorming ideas, writing content and social media posts, collecting and reporting on data, and measuring and evaluating performance. This is a challenging and diverse role, which encompasses the creative side of marketing, with more technical and analytical elements of SEO and digital marketing.
Dealing with clients - by telephone, video call, and email as well as face to face - is central to the role. It’s essential that you are a confident communicator with strong persuasive skills; able to present your ideas clearly, and comfortable with feedback and challenge.
Glamorous brands are not our bag. This is not pashmina wafting marketing, you will need to roll up your sleeves and get involved in a whole range of projects. Think legal, tech and recruitment, rather than fashion and beauty. This makes creative thinking even more important - we want people with ideas and the rare ability to make the mundane fascinating.
Think you have what it takes?
Who are we? Digital Marketing, Proper Job
Noisy Little Monkey is a digital marketing agency, specialising in inbound marketing, SEO and technical website excellence. You might have come across us at Digital Gaggle - the conference we run - or as speakers at various conferences and events across the UK.
This website and our social channels will tell you almost everything you need to know about us. What isn’t on the website is that you’ll get 20 days holiday plus bank holidays, we also have a ‘never work your birthday’ policy. We place a strong emphasis on personal and career development and have clear progression pathways.
You’ll be working with clever and funny colleagues from whom you can learn, and who will make you laugh - in fact we’re pretty proud of our award for Bristol’s Happiest Workplace (small business). The Tobacco Factory is based at the heart of beautiful, brilliant North Street - with secure bike storage and a bar and theatre downstairs - it's a pretty amazing place to work.
Our key recruitment criterion is that you must have a proven fascination with digital marketing – either having built your own website or blog, volunteered or worked for an organisation in a digital marketing capacity. Creative, analytical, confident, enthusiastic and organised - this is a fantastic opportunity to kick-start your career in an irreverent, dynamic agency that will support your learning and career development.
- Graduate level or equivalent (even if you didn’t finish your degree)
- Excellent written skills - you must love writing - be able to write for different audiences with strong attention to detail, excellent spelling, grammar and proofreading
- A passion for learning - you’ll be continually developing your knowledge in this role, so you’ll need to be eager to learn, and to share that knowledge with your colleagues and clients
- Persuasive communicator - you’ll be dealing regularly with clients, so you must be confident in picking up the phone, pitching ideas and talking to clients
- Technical skills - an understanding and awareness of basic IT and willingness to engage with learning and using new tools.
- Analytical skills - able to interpret and communicate data trends.
- Proven experience in solving problems with tenacious curiosity
- Comfortable communicating on a wide range of social media platforms
- Strong organisational skills. Able to work under pressure, and plan and manage competing demands and deadlines
- Knowledge of WordPress, Sprout Social, Buffer, SemRush, Google Analytics or other tools would also be handy
- Have previously set up social advertising
- Knowledge/experience of using HubSpot
Take a look at the job description for a bit more info on what we’re looking for.
Sounds like the job for you? Convince us to hire you! Read this blog to find out how to get a job in social media.