We need an SEO guru in training!
Contract: permanent, full time with three months’ probation
Location: Loft 5, Tobacco Factory, Raleigh Road, Bristol
Do you love both numbers and words? Find yourself curiously good at problem solving? Enjoy both gaming and books? Obsessed with tech but don't want to become a developer? Feel like you are a bit too technical for marketing, and yet just too unconventional for a numbers based job? This might be the role for you!
We are looking for a junior to join our small, but perfectly formed team of digital marketing heroes, to learn from the ground up SEO and technical web support. You'll work directly with our Head of SEO, and learn through fixing problems and working on client projects.
This is a technical role - we want someone who will stick with a problem and use logic and determination to solve website problems. You must be able to spot patterns, have an excellent eye for detail and feel comfortable working proactively. There will be elements that are very routine, but also many novel problems to solve, so you'll need to enjoy bending your mind in various ways to fit the task.
It is also a creative role - at its heart SEO is the combination of art and science and we are looking for someone with ideas. You must be able to diagnoise and fix things, using your creative skills,. Also present your ideas clearly and feel comfortable with feedback and challenge.
And finally, you must be able to plan your time, be proactive in managing your own workload and happy talking to clients. We want you to grow in this role - we don't know how yet, as we don't know you - but there is plenty of potential to develop your career in a way that fits your skills and interests.
Specifically you will be:
- compiling reports from a variety of data sources, interpreting these and communicating them to the team and to clients
- auditing websites and recommending technical fixes
- search term research and implementation
- implementing technical fixes on websites or working with developers to do this for you.
Without a doubt this is a tough hybrid to find, but as a junior role we are especially interested in your capabilities, attitude and potential to grow into the role, rather than your experience in the industry as you will get heaps of support and training.
Who are we?
Noisy Little Monkey is a specialist search and social media marketing agency with big plans for the year ahead. If you’ve come across us at Digital Gaggle or at another event, you’ll know we are an enthusiastic bunch on a mission to unleash our clients’ online potential.
Our key recruitment criterion is that you must have a proven fascination with websites and technology – having built your own website or blog and have at least a rudimentary knowledge of coding. Creative, enthusiastic and organised this is a fantastic opportunity to kick-start your career in an irreverent, dynamic agency that will support your learning and career development.
- Graduate level or equivalent (even if you didn’t finish your degree)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills with tenacious curiosity
- Experienced WordPress (or similar CMS) user
- Coding skills and the willingness to learn more
- Confident in picking up the phone, pitching ideas and talking to clients
- A fascination with new things, a passion for sharing creative ideas and an eye for detail in the finished product
- Organised and able to work under pressure, managing multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Knowledge of digital marketing and its tool kit
- Abillity to write blog posts and schedule social media.
Our office is based in the Tobacco Factory, in the heart of bustling North Street. You will get 20 days holiday in addition to bank holidays, we also have a ‘never work your birthday’ policy and a strong emphasis on personal and career development.