Marketing And Events Assistant - Four Weeks Paid Internship
We need an events whiz!
Salary: £7.50 p/h
Contract: temporary, four weeks full-time
Location: Loft 5, Tobacco Factory, Raleigh Road, Bristol, BS3 1TF
Closing date: Sunday 3rd September at midnight
Interviews: Thursday 7th September (to start Monday 11th September)
We're on the hunt for a new monkey to join us full-time for four weeks as the Marketing and Events Assistant. It'll be a busy and varied few weeks so if you're looking to learn some new skills whilst lending a helping hand to the Marketing and Events Manager then get applying pronto!
As part of our marketing strategy, we organise a series of informative and offbeat marketing events called Digital Gaggle and we’re on the lookout for an intern to help us with the delivery and marketing of the next conference on Thursday 21st September. Could this be you?
If you're uber organised, have a passion for events and communication, and are a bit of a social butterfly then we'd love to hear from you!
What will you be doing?
Some of the tasks you’ll be doing will include:
- Writing and uploading blog content onto the Noisy Little Monkey website
- Helping with the ‘on the day’ logistics of setting up events which could include anything from registering attendees and putting up banners to creating social media content or networking with speakers, sponsors and attendees.
- Writing pre-event and post-event emails using Mailchimp
- Manipulating data and helping to produce post-event reports
- Being a point of contact for event enquiries; liaising with speakers, sponsors and delegates in the lead up to the event
Who are you?
Noisy Little Monkey is a small but dynamic agency - there’s only 12 of us - so we’re on the hunt for someone who will be a good fit within our weird and wonderful team. We need someone who has a head for event organisation and communication.
Ideally, you’ll possess some of the following skills and qualities:
- Fantastic organisational abilities. You’ll be expected to plan your time well, work to deadline and use your initiative for independent work
- Excellent IT skills. You’ll be proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook and Mailchimp. If you have experience of using WordPress and Eventbrite, that’ll be an added bonus
- Crackin’ written communication skills. You’ll be writing lots of content for social media and the Noisy Little Monkey blogs so if you don’t know how to word good, that will be a problem
- A love for all things social media (and an equal passion for memes and GIFs too)
- Brilliant attention to detail. You’ll be helping to proof read and be manipulating data lists – accuracy is key
- Friendly, outgoing and enthusiastic. Digital Gaggle events are super social – you’ll need to be happy to approach new people and keep a smile on your face…even when you’re feeling the pressure!
- GSOH. This is absolutely necessary if you want to work with the Monkeys.
- The internship will last for four weeks and will run from Monday 11th September to Friday 6th October. It’s crucial that you are able to start work on Monday 11th September
- You must be able to work on the day of the Digital Gaggle conference – Thursday 21st September. On this day, the working hours will be longer - you'll be expected to work from 8am – 7pm
- Having your own car and a UK driving license is desirable but not essential :)
If you’re keen to get some hands-on event and marketing experience in a small and creative team in Bristol then get in touch – we’d love to hear from you!
Closing date is Sunday 3rd September at midnight. Interviews will take place on Thursday 7th September.