We’re all about providing useful resources to our audiences – after all, you can buy a man a fish supper but it's better to teach him how to fish and make batter.
But before you start listening to us prattle on about social media, maybe you should check we know what we're talking about...How do you tell the ‘expert’ in the crowd, because after all, everyone is a social media expert right?
Start by asking a few questions to decide if this person lives and breathes social media or if they simply inhale it in its weakest form. Evaluate a social media expert…
Perhaps you’re wondering what the point of social media is? How can a Tweet increase your bottom line? Who cares how many people ‘Like’ you? You’re not alone; there are many social media sceptics out there. In fact, we even have one in the office and she tells you her dirty little secrets.
But, the proof is in the pudding as they say, so it’s always useful to check out the demographics and audience numbers for social media platforms.
- Looking to get started on Twitter but in a dilemma as to where to start? Don’t get in a Twit about your Twitter
- Don’t Master the art of a Tweet and learn the Twitter basics
- Wondering how many Tweets are enough? Check out these handy tools
- LinkedIn has a multitude of layers and you can choose how in-depth you use the service but the basics still stand so make sure you optimise your LinkedIn profile as effectively as possible
- Want to stand you from the crowd? Make sure you choose the right LinkedIn photo
- Too many groups and not enough time? Five tips to using LinkedIn Groups effectively
- How does Google+ connect you with your customers?
- How can Google+ enhance your business’s social media strategy?
- How can you use Pinterest for business?
- Do your products get lost on Pinterest? How can you promote them to the masses?
- Is your Pin Etiquette up to scratch?
Finally, if you want to cut to the chase and find out how you shouldn't be using social media, you can do so by reading our guide to avoiding #Epic #Fails on social media.
Do you know any useful social media resources that we haven’t listed above? If so, please share them with us … we could all open a social media chipshop ;)
Image Credit: Adam_T4